BackMarket is the number one European (and soon global) marketplace specializing in the sale of fully refurbished tech devices.
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of Technology
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Senior Cloud Architect
BackMarket is looking for our very first Cloud Architect within our Platform tribe (Infrastructure, SRE, Data and platform-developers teams), reporting directly to the VP of Platform.
As a transversal position for the tribe, the Senior Cloud Architect will be responsible to synthetize, report & help building the architecture vision of the platform and ensure this vision is communicated, shared & documented at the FotA.
Short term missions : * Make a cartography of our current architectural map from a platform standpoint * Define the vision for the platform & architectural principles that we’re enforcing/targeting * Document architectural decisions for platform stakeholders & partners
Long term missions : * Onboard new platform engineers & managers on the platform architecture * Maintain & re-hydrate the architectural vision * Discuss, debate and align with other architects on architectural challenges * Represent the platform outside of the company
You're perfect for this role if : * Beyond years of experience, you are above all someone that can be a source of inspiration for others * Strong CS background & interest in theoretical knowledge * Strong appetite to learn new patterns, technologies * Strong capacity to discuss, convince & align with other architects * Leadership/mentorship traits & willingness to share with others * Hard skills : * Excellent Network understanding (L3 to L7) * Strong experience on public cloud providers (AWS / GCP) * Broad knowledge & understanding of Unix environment * Strong K8s fluency * Experience in both Monolithic & SOA/Microservices environments * Soft skills : * Capacity to communicate with all profiles of ICs and various levels of management * Feeling like a fish in complex & large architectures * Ability to navigate fast-moving organizations * Clear evangelism / mentorship appetite
Icing on the cake : * A previous experience as a manager is a plus * Share the purpose (and ecological mindset) of BackMarket as you’re going to be one of the most important people on the frontline
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.